Valais Tomato Fondue from Switzerland
A tasty alternative to the classic fondue is this version with cheese, red wine and strained tomatoes, which is served with small potatoes..
- 30 g butter
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 400 g tomatoes, diced or chopped from the can, drained
- 500 g Valais Raclette AOP, grated
- 300 g Gruyère AOP, grated
- 2,5 dl Valais white wine
- 4 teaspoons corn starch, spread
- 1 glass of water
- Pepper, nutmeg
- 600 - 800 g potatoes
- Melt the butter in the caquelon. Briefly sauté the garlic, onions and tomatoes and deglaze with the white wine. Add the cheese and bring to the boil over a low heat, stirring vigorously. Dissolve cornstarch in the cherry or water and add while stirring. Bring to the boil again briefly and season with pepper and nutmeg.
- Place the Caquelon on the Rechaud. Cut the potato into pieces on the plate according to size. Pour the fondue over it with a ladle and enjoy.
Terms and Conditions- The winner will be randomly selected based on submitted answers.
- Winners will be contacted by telephone or email. Remember to include your full name and email address.
- If the required information is incorrectly registered, the prize will go back into a new draw.
- Participation in the contest is free and there is no purchase obligation.
- Participation in the contest is allowed for any person who has a valid email address and is 16 years of age or older at the time of registration.
- The participant agrees that the registered email address will be stored and may be processed and used in connection with informing about contest holders products and services at a later date.