Pad Thai with Chicken from Thailand
- 250 g rice noodles
- 1 dl water
- 40 g palm sugar or cane sugar
- 3 tablespoons tamarine paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- sunflower oil for frying
- 250 g sliced chicken meat
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 150 g tofu, in strips (1 cm thick, 3 cm long)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 150 g mung bean sprouts
- 100 g peanuts unsalted, coarsely chopped
- 10 small spring onions, of which only the green is in pieces of approx. 3 cm
- 1 lime, quartered
- Fish sauce, dried chili flakes and sugar to season
AND SO IT IS DONE
- Soak rice noodles in cold water for about 7 minutes, drain in a sieve.
- Pad-Thai-Sauce: In a pan, heat water and ingredients up to and including fish sauce until the sugar is dissolved. Season to taste - the pad thai sauce should taste sweet, sour and salty - and put aside.
- Pad Thai: : Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan, fry the chicken meat over high heat, set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in the same frying pan, fry shallot in it over medium heat until translucent.
- Add the tofu and steam a little bit. Add rice noodles and two thirds of the pad thai sauce, mix well. Slide the noodle mixture together on one side of the pan, heat a little oil on the other side, allow the egg to set in it and break it up with a mixing ladle. Mix the scrambled eggs and noodle mixture well together.
- Stir half each of the sprouts, peanuts and spring onions into the mixture. Season to taste, if necessary, add pad thai sauce and fish sauce. Stir-fry until the spring onions are soft.
- Serve: Garnish each dish with 1 lime quarter, 2 tsp. peanuts, some spring onions and fresh sprouts. To season, place the remaining peanuts, a little fish sauce, chili flakes and sugar in small bowls and the remaining spring onions, sprouts and lime quarters on a plate.
Terms and Conditions- The winner will be randomly selected based on submitted answers.
- Winners will be contacted by telephone or email. Remember to include your full name and email address.
- If the required information is incorrectly registered, the prize will go back into a new draw.
- Participation in the contest is free and there is no purchase obligation.
- Participation in the contest is allowed for any person who has a valid email address and is 16 years of age or older at the time of registration.
- The participant agrees that the registered email address will be stored and may be processed and used in connection with informing about contest holders products and services at a later date.