Bäckaofa from France
- 600 g pork shoulders
- 600 g beef shoulders
- 600 g shoulder of lamb
- 2 pig feet
- 250 g white leek
- 200 g carrots
- 2 kg Bintje-Potatoes
- 200 g onion
- 2 garlic
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 cloves
- 6 juniper berries
- 75 cl Riesling white wine
- 30 g salt
- 1 g pepper
Und so wirds gemacht:
- Cut the pork (600 g), beef (600 g) and lamb (600 g) into large cubes of approximately 4-5 cm on each side.
- Cut the leeks white (250 g) lengthwise into 2 pieces and cut each half into sections of about 2 cm.
- Cut the peeled carrots (200 g) into slices about 4 mm thick. Wash the leeks and carrots well.
- Peel the garlic (2), halve lengthwise and remove the sprouts.
- Make a marinade by pouring the white wine (75 cl) into a container and adding all the meat, leek, carrots, garlic, bay leaves (3), cloves (2) and berries of juniper (6).
- Cover the container with a transparent film and put the marinade in the fridge for 24 hours
- The next day, about 5 hours before serving, peel the potatoes (2 kg) and cut them into strips about 4 mm thick.
- Peel the onions (200 gr), cut them lengthwise into 2 pieces and slice them.
- In a container, mix the potatoes and onions with salt (20 gr) and pepper (1 gr)
- Place 1/3 of the potatoes and onions on the bottom of an Alsatian Baeckeoffe terrine.
- If you have the idea of a skimmer, take half of the meat and vegetables from the marinade and place them on the layer of potatoes and onions. Salt evenly (5 gr).
- Arrange a new layer with half of the remaining potatoes and onions.
- Pour on this new layer the whole marinade with the rest of the meat and vegetables. Spread evenly and salt (5 g).
- Finish with the rest of the potatoes and onions.
- Mix the flour (400 g) with water (25 cl) and form a homogeneous dough. Roll the dough to form a thick string and spread it around the circumference of the Baeckeoffe terrine.
- Put the lid on and close it well.
- Bake for 4 hours at 180 °
Terms and Conditions- The winner will be randomly selected based on submitted answers.
- Winners will be contacted by telephone or email. Remember to include your full name and email address.
- If the required information is incorrectly registered, the prize will go back into a new draw.
- Participation in the contest is free and there is no purchase obligation.
- Participation in the contest is allowed for any person who has a valid email address and is 16 years of age or older at the time of registration.
- The participant agrees that the registered email address will be stored and may be processed and used in connection with informing about contest holders products and services at a later date.