Gugelhupf from France
- 500 g flour
- 25g baker's yeast
- 20cl milk
- 125g butter
- 100g suger
- 80g raisins
- 2 eggs
- 50g almonds
- 10g salt
- Crumble the yeast into 10 cl of warm milk add 100g of flour and mix until you have a slightly soft dough: leavening agent. Let it rise in a warm place.
- Soak raisins in warm water.
- In a bowl, energetically knead the flour, eggs, remaining milk, sugar and salt for about 10 minutes until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Add in the soft butter and yeast which should have doubled in size. Work the dough a little longer then cover with a cloth and leave for 1 hour in a warm place.
- Once over, gently punch in the dough and add the drained raisins.
- Butter a special kugelhopf pan (like a Bundt pan) and lay 2 almonds in each groove then empty the dough inside.
- Let the dough rise a second time until it reaches the pan-edges.
- Put into the oven at 180°C and cook for about 45 minutes.
Terms and Conditions- The winner will be randomly selected based on submitted answers.
- Winners will be contacted by telephone or email. Remember to include your full name and email address.
- If the required information is incorrectly registered, the prize will go back into a new draw.
- Participation in the contest is free and there is no purchase obligation.
- Participation in the contest is allowed for any person who has a valid email address and is 16 years of age or older at the time of registration.
- The participant agrees that the registered email address will be stored and may be processed and used in connection with informing about contest holders products and services at a later date.